Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh fudge...

Peanut Butter Fudge that is!
I brought some leftover peanut butter fudge in to work with me that my mom whipped up while visiting me last week.  My co-worker, Jamie, requested that I snag this recipe from my mom (which I already had) and give it to her immediately because she absolutely loved it.  So I said "Hey, I'll blog it for ya!"
So Jamie...this one's for you kid!

It's really a fairly simple recipe, using only a few simple ingredients.
{these are most of the needed ingredients}
*1 box (= 1 lb) powdered (confectioners) sugar
*1/2 stick margarine or butter
*1/2 cup milk
*12 oz creamy peanut butter (most jars are 17.3-18 oz...I buy the regular because the small 12 oz. jars are the same price as the regular size jars...just use about 3/4 of the jar)
*1 container marshmallow whip
*1 teaspoon vanilla

First things first...butter your fudge dish.  You can use either a 9x13 pan or for thicker pieces of fudge you can use an 11x7 (and I used a glass pan).  Heck, I suppose you could use a pie dish or maybe a spring-form pan...whatever you have handy!  Also, make sure that you've read the recipe and have your ingredients ready to go...it makes this recipe much simpler.
{Buttered 9x13 pan}
In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and margarine/butter.
Bring to a rolling boil (setting should be around medium high).
Allow to boil for 3 minutes while continually stirring
Side note: you don't realize how long 3 minutes can be until you're watching the clock tick and a pot boil but you must keep stirring so you could sing a song or two or maybe just watch the bubbles in the pot but just don't loose track of time.
.
Once 3 minutes is up, remove from heat.
Another note: please make sure not to put the hot pan directly onto your countertop...I can not be held responsible for any damage done)...you can place the pan on a towel or a trivet on your countertop or move to another burner. 

IMMEDIATELY add the peanut butter, marshmallow whip and vanilla. Stir like crazy! Then once its all mixed smooth and creamy, pour into the dish and just let it relax for a few hours.

{mmmm...I'm totally licking the spoon...warm creamy peanut butter goodness}
To store, just cover and leave it out on the counter or take it to work to share.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Paula Deen has a really simple recipe for Peanut Butter Cheese Fudge. Yeah, I know...cheese. Sounds weird, but it got good reviews.

    http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/peanut_butter_cheese_fudge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana...I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete