Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year!

Well, we've made it through Thanksgiving!  While all the food that we ate is probably still digesting and as we work on finishing up the leftovers in our fridge, the Christmas season is in full swing.
To get into the holiday spirit, we strung our pretty little lights outside and brought home our Christmas tree.  I set out a few little knick knacks here and there but ya know what my favorite decorations are...
EVERGREEN BRANCHES!!!!
Why?  Well, #1.- they're free! and #2.  they're FREE!
They're so simple and so pretty! See....
Directions:
step 1: obtain evergreen branch, here I just used 1 simple branch - I cut this one from a little pine tree in my backyard
step 2: place in vase with a little water - I used an empty big ol' wine bottle
DONE!
Total Cost of Project: ZERO $$ (since the branch was in my backyard and the bottle was re-purposed)

And here's another example:
 Here I used a few more evergreen branches + a holly branch with berries for a little color and interest.
And in case you're wondering what I used this time to house my little arrangement...it's a glass spaghetti sauce jar!
And since I didn't get the entire label off the jar...I used a little ribbon to cover it!
Ta Daaa!

I love simple, free projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment