Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh the Simple Life!

Living simply can mean so many things to so many people.
To some it's living off the grid.  To others it means buying all natural and/or organic products and foods.  Or maybe it means decluttering and living with only the bare necessities.  Maybe it encompasses all of that to you. 
Well to me, it does mean so many things...more than just what's listed above.  Yes, I strive to live eco-consciously.  Yes, I try to buy all-natural and/or organic products and foods.  And yes, I try to declutter every spring and more often when the mood strikes.  Finding happiness in the simple things that I'm surrounded by is one of the most amazing feelings and defines my way to live simple.    
Have you ever looked at yourself or been in a place that makes you think "this is so me!" Whether it's a place, a season, an outfit, an activity...whatever it is simply makes you think, that at that moment, you are at peace and not thinking about anything else other than how happy you are with where you are, who you are, what you're wearing, or what you're doing.  I had that moment about three months ago...it was early in the morning and my fiancee, Bill, and I were getting ready to leave for work.  My outfit made me happy, the morning sun made me happy, sipping my coffee in my favorite coffee mug made me happy...I felt so completely and utterly happy....Life was awesome! 

My favorite coffee mug - find it at Anthropologie

Life is still awesome....and since then I've been doing a lot of thinking.  Or maybe it's just that I've become more aware of the good things in life and the way that simple things are able to make me smile.  I hope to inspire others to focus more on the simiplicities in life, the simple ways to find happiness and how to live with a "happy go simple" mindset.  Whether it's a simple recipe with four ingredients or a simple beauty routine that makes you feel fresh.  A simple brooch to liven a simple outfit and make you feel simply pretty.   A simple workout that doesn't feel like a workout but is simply fun.  Or maybe a simple diy craft project or a simpler way of doing something.  Heck, maybe it's finding a simple window cleaner recipe using items that you have stocked in your pantry or simplifying a process that you dread on a daily basis.  My goal here is to bring together the simplicities in life that I enjoy.  Maybe you can enjoy them too.  Or maybe you'll just laugh at my "simple" ideas.  Whatever it may be....I hope that you enjoy my "Happy Go Simple" mindset!

No comments:

Post a Comment