Thursday, December 2, 2010

tag your it

Yes, it was chilly tonight, somewhere in the thirties, but what else was I supposed to do?  I had way too much energy...I didn't feel like walking around the neighborhood in the dark...but I needed to do something.  
So I took my boys outside and played tag with them around the yard.  
Sam especially LOVES this game.  
I chase him.  He chases me.  It's great! 
{Sam getting ready to be chased}
We ran and ran and ran.  My heart was racing.  Zipping through leaves.  My lungs were burning  from the cold air that I was inhaling.  Occasionally catching a branch in the eye, after all it was pretty dark and a bit difficult to see.

{Even Dusty wants to play}
 Who needs a gym?

{"Oh, wait mom, I smell something"}

{Sam chasing me}
What a great, simple workout!
It costs nothing.
I don't have to drive anywhere.
The dogs get their exercise.
And you wouldn't believe how FUN it is.

{"hey mom, come get me"}
 I felt like an energetic kid with no worries in the world.
The stars above twinkling.  The quiet calmness of night.
My boys zipping past me with delight in their eyes.

{Super dog...."here I come!' - and the "smoke" is actually my breath ...I told you it was chilly}
 I will definitely be doing this more often.  I can't believe I haven't been doing this.

{Jasper was much more interested in sniffing around the yard}
 It's way more fun than jogging on a treadmill or walking around the block again.

{"woops...I didn't mean to crash into the camera"}
Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.  -Albert Einstein
Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius.        -Edward O. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment