Wednesday, May 16, 2012

dream job...

This question has been on my mind a lot lately.  Maybe it's because I'll be turning 30 in a few short months and feel as though I should be doing what I love for a living.  Maybe it's because I'm unhappy at my current job and   I want my next job to involve something that I love.  Or is it because I'm trying to figure out what it is that I love to do so that I can do that for a living.  Notice a trend?  Love.  How many people love what they do?  Is it too much to want to love what you do to make a living in life?
So what would my dream job be? I think I'm still trying to answer that for myself.  I love to cook.  I love to bake.  I love to garden.  I love to dilly dally here and there.  Putts around and back again. Collect chicken eggs and stop to watch the bees tickle flowers.  I love to be in the sun.  I love the feel a rain drop on my cheek.  I'll decorate a corner with a found object, then move the object to another room a few weeks later.  I love to pick flowers.  I love to pick weeds.  Pick up sticks and dig in the dirt.  Dance.  Yoga.  Walk.  Bike.  Explore.  Eat.  Read a magazine.  Peruse Pinterest.  Admire.
I suppose I'll figure it out one day.  But until then, I suppose that I'll continue doing what I love in my spare time and enjoying the simple pleasures of that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment