Wednesday, December 29, 2010

and in the new year....

Before the sun decides to stay and play long into the evening.
Just before the ground thaws.
And while we're all craving the bright green shades of spring.
I should have flowers a'bloomin!

I planted a few bulbs a few weeks ago and just last week I saw this...
{top view}
 They had just started to peak and rise through the dirt.
{side view}
and now...just today...I saw this...
{todays side view}
 A few more have popped up and they've grown at least 1/2 an inch!
{todays top view}
I didn't add anything special other than dirt from my garden and I just placed the bulbs right below the surface of the dirt.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of flowers they'll be - I found the bulbs in a box of iris rhizomes that my mom had brought to me when she visited for the Thanksgiving holiday - but that makes their reveal all the more exciting!
It'll be like Christmas all over again when these guys bloom, except, it should be around February!  There is just something about watching flowers grow and bloom - especially before they're supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment